TEXAS AREA ASSOCIATION OF REFORMED BAPTIST CHURCHES
A Confessional Association of Reformed Baptist Churches
We are an association of Reformed Baptist Churches that fully subscribes to the Second London Confession of 1689. Our member churches are located in Texas and surrounding areas.
WHO WE ARE
The many needs of the churches bring about the need for an association of churches. The needs of our churches include mutual encouragement and support, assistance of various kinds, edification, oversight (when requested and agreed upon by the local churches involved), and cooperative efforts to advance Christ’s kingdom. The Texas Area Association of Reformed Baptist Churches consists of particular churches who have agreed to associate together, to obey the word of God, to meet regularly and to promote the good of common causes found among member churches. All delegates representing the churches at TAARBC meetings must be men who personally and fully subscribe to the 1689 Second London Baptist Confession of Faith and to this Constitution and affirm and adhere to all position papers of the association. The practice of churches associating is exemplified for us in the Scriptures: by the apostolic practice of Acts 15; by the New Testament church practice of Galatians 1:2, 22 and Colossians 4:13-18; by numerous historical examples; and the confessional position of our Baptist forefathers (see the London Baptist Confession of Faith of 1689, chapter 26, paragraphs 14 and 15). Also the spirit of Christ’s gospel, Christian prudence, and wisdom further encourage our associating together.
1.To show visible unity to the world and churches (John 17:20-26; Eph. 4:4-6).
2. To gain a greater knowledge, communion and love with sister churches (Col. 4:16; Rev. 1:10-11).
3. To afford counsel and advice in difficult cases of various types (Acts 15:1-6).
4. To help preserve uniformity of faith and practice within the confines of our Confession of Faith, especially in dealing with doctrinal and practical questions (I Cor. 14:33).
5. To detect and deal with heresies and/or heretics, and in so doing to maintain harmony and peace in the churches (I Tim. 1:18-20; Titus 1:7-11).
6. To give financial aid as God prospers our churches (I Cor. 16:1; II Cor. 8:19).
7. To help curb the wanton abuse of church power (III John 9).
8. To cooperate in the spreading of the gospel (Phil. 1:3-7; II Cor. 8:18).
9. To supply the pulpits of sister churches in the event one is without a pastor (2 John 1:7-11; Jude 3).
10. To advance and secure in every way the interests of Christ’s kingdom (Acts 28:30-31; Col. 1:13).
We hold tenaciously to the inerrant and infallible Word of God as found in the sixty-six books of the Bible (this being our final source of faith and practice), but we also we embrace and adopt the London Baptist Confession of Faith of 1689 as a faithful expression of the doctrine taught in the Scriptures. We maintain the primacy of the Scriptures, and embrace and adopt the Confession as a truthful expression of our convictions with regard to the details of Scripture. Click HERE to read our confession.
"We must be global Christians with a global vision because our God is a global God."
- John Stott
201 East Broad Street, Mansfield, TX 76063